Poison warning for parents after 2500 kids hospitalised

PARENTS are being urged to keep poisons and cleaning goods out of the reach of their children, after a report showed nearly 2500 children were hospitalised last year after poisonings.

The annual report on poisonings from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission showed about 180,000 calls were made last year to the national Poisons Information Centre network.

It found the injuries children sustained from poisonous products ranged from skin irritations to eye damage, to severe internal burns from ingested toxic products.

Among the items the ACCC has urged parents keep out of reach of children were cleaning goods, pesticides and insect sprays, pool chemicals and household bleaches and herbicides.



Jon prepares to lose his locks on his own terms

Jon prepares to lose his locks on his own terms

Bilambil man to cut dreadlocks to raise money for cancer

Sunny weekend set for the Tweed

Sunny weekend set for the Tweed

It's set to be a sunny weekend for the Tweed.

Tweed sporting clubs encouraged to apply for federal funding

Tweed sporting clubs encouraged to apply for federal funding

Clubs encouraged to apply for up to $500,000 worth of funding.

Local Partners