Police offer tips to avoid drink-driving and drink spiking
FRASER Coast police are urging people to plan ahead for their new year celebrations to avoid drink-driving and becoming a victim of drink spiking.
They've offered the following safety tips and information:
- Plan ahead as to how many drinks you will have and stick to the plan by monitoring your drinking
- Book a taxi or designate a driver to ensure you and your friends get home safely
- Eat before and during drinking
- Alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at a sensible pace
- Avoid mixing drinks and finish each drink before you have another
- Get involved in other activities, for example playing pool or dancing
- Do not leave drinks unattended
- Only accept drinks from people you trust and watch your drink as it is being prepared
- If someone offers to buy you a drink, go up to the bar with that person and accept the drink there.