Pumpenbil house explosion victim critical two weeks on

A PUMPENBIL man burnt in a gas explosion is still in a critical condition in hospital two weeks after the incident.

The 46-year-old man suffered burns to half of his body after lighting a cigarette that ignited gas.

A house on Crams Rd was destroyed in the explosion.

Tweed Police said investigations show the man was home alone and could smell gas before lighting a cigarette, which caused an explosion that destroyed the house.

The explosion occurred about 12.30am.

Westpac Rescue Helicopter Northern Region airlifted the man to hospital within hours of the explosion being reported.



Police praise well-behaved Splendour crowds

Police praise well-behaved Splendour crowds

Police have welcomed good behaviour at Splendour in the Grass

Hospital site petition is gaining traction

Hospital site petition is gaining traction

Relocate team confident of gaining 10,000 signatures.

Schoolboys shine in Australian champs at Cudgen

Schoolboys shine in Australian champs at Cudgen

National championships held in Tweed declared a resounding success

Local Partners