Most popular movie to watch on a plane
AN ANIMATED movie about a briefcase-carrying baby was the most watched film on Qantas flights this year.
The Boss Baby, starring Alec Baldwin, took out first place on the annual list of the most popular movies released by Qantas today.
The movie might have been a hit with plane passengers but it received mixed reviews from critics and has just a 51 per cent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
IndieWire wrote in their review, "The Boss Baby might pacify kids, but this dirty diaper of a movie is further proof that Hollywood animation is in need of a change".
Whereas The Washington Post wrote, "Inventive and heartwarming, The Boss Baby is a lot more grown up than it looks".
Qantas uses an anonymous on board ratings system to record what customers are watching and for how long.
The airline said that in general comedy is the most popular genre during flights, although only three comedy films made it into the list of top 10 most popular movies in 2017.
Top picks by Qantas customers:
1. The Boss Baby
3. Hidden Figures
4. Beauty and the Beast
5. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
7. La La Land
9. Kong: Skull Island
10. Baby Driver
The airline also revealed:
• Modern Family was the most watched TV show on board in 2017 with customers watching 151,334 hours of the sitcom.
• After English, the most popular films were watched in Japanese, Mandarin and French.
• The most-watched children's show was Peppa Pig.
• Ariana Grande took out the top spot and the second spot for the most listened to tracks
of the year with her hits Dangerous Woman and Side to Side.