David Stuart

Reports woman taken to hospital after shock from iPhone

A SYDNEY woman has been has been taken to hospital after receiving a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports across Australia.

However, both NSW Ambulance and  Royal North Shore Hospital, where a woman suffering an electric shock was taken, are remaining tight-lipped on the situation.

A NSW Ambulance spokesman said he could confirm that a woman was treated for electric shock but he was unable to verify the cause of the incident.

A spokeswoman  for Royal North Shore Hospital refused to comment on the situation.

News Ltd and Fairfax outlets reported today that a woman in her 20s was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in a stable condition.

The News Ltd report said the claim had been verified by ambulance officers.

The incident follows the death of a Chinese woman earlier this month, which her family says was caused by an electric shock from using her iPhone while it was charging.

Another man was reported as being in a coma this week after a similar incident involving an after-market iPhone charger.



Cudgen farmers hit back after old petition resurfaces

Cudgen farmers hit back after old petition resurfaces

Farmers' petition backflip explained

Anzac Day services in the Tweed

Anzac Day services in the Tweed

A full list of Anzac Day services in the Tweed Shire on April 25.

Hospital would have been icing on the cake: Leda

Hospital would have been icing on the cake: Leda

Developer believes Kings Forest would have been ideal hospital site

Local Partners