Stringer

Schoolgirl 'electrocuted' after lying on frayed iPhone cable

A TEENAGE girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with the white device by her side in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh, local media reported.

Police said a "broken-down" charging brick and frayed cable were also found in the 14-year-old's bed. It is not thought those devices were made by Apple. 

Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered by her parents.

It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.

The Independent has contacted Apple for comment but none had arrived at the time of publication.



Splendour from the sky: rescue chopper shares festival view

Splendour from the sky: rescue chopper shares festival view

Splendour punters might have been concerned by rescue chopper

At Splendour, Shark has her finest hour

At Splendour, Shark has her finest hour

Gold Coast pop star Amy Shark's Splendour set was one to remember.

Police praise well-behaved Splendour crowds

Police praise well-behaved Splendour crowds

Police have welcomed good behaviour at Splendour in the Grass

Local Partners