Seagull tikka masala? Bird dives into vat of Indian curry
IF YOU'VE ever thought a meal looks good enough to swim in, then you'll know where this seagull is coming from.
A seagull was taken to a British wildlife hospital after it fell into a bin full of chicken tikka masala.
The bird was trying to scavenge food out of a factory bin when it fell in. Factory workers rescued the bird and it was taken to the Vale wildlife hospital in Gloucestershire.
The bird had turned bright orange from the curry.
Staff at the hospital used washing-up liquid to clean the orange curry stains from his feathers.
The British Press Association reported the hospital veterinary nurse Lucy Kells said staff were shocked when they saw the gull.
"He really surprised everyone here - we had never seen anything like it before," she said.
"He had fallen into a waste vat of curry that was outside, it was chicken tikka masala.
"The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good."
"He cleaned up surprisingly well at the hospital, we used washing-up liquid a few times."
- ARM NEWSDESK