Second Range down-lane still six months from opening

THE re-opening of a second lane of east-bound Toowoomba Range traffic is scheduled for early 2014.

Member for Toowoomba North Trevor Watts has met with Department of Transport and Main Roads director-general Neil Scales.

He said the director-general gave a commitment to visit Toowoomba whenever necessary to keep the community updated on progress.

"I have been advised that the works are on schedule and that during the early part of 2014 two lanes on the downward section will be restored," Mr Watts said.

"The revegetation and final completion of works is on schedule for mid-2014, weather permitting."

After an inspection of the Range, Mr Watts said traffic flow on the up-section of the range had improved greatly since the opening of the second lane last month.

"Minimising the impact upon motorists has been a priority during these works and the department will continue to monitor and respond to issues," Mr Watts said.

"I would like to commend and thank all motorists for their patience and consideration of other road users during this difficult period."



Bookings bonanza for renovated oceanfront park

Bookings bonanza for renovated oceanfront park

The park is expected to open on March 22.

Residents warned to lock up after spate of break-ins

Residents warned to lock up after spate of break-ins

A car, laptop and a bottle of whiskey are among items stolen

Public gets a glimpse behind the scenes of police station

Public gets a glimpse behind the scenes of police station

An estimated 3000 visitors poured into Tweed Heads Police Station

Local Partners