CRICKET Australia (CA) has postponed its two-Test tour of Bangladesh because of security concerns and has not said when a tour could take place.
CA officials returned from security briefings in Dhaka on Tuesday night before holding further discussions with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The decision follows a suspected terrorist attack in Dhaka, with the Islamic State militant group claiming responsibility for the shooting death of a 50-year-old Italian aid worker.
DFAT has reissued its travel advice for Bangladesh twice in the past week to highlight its concern about the threat of terrorism.
CA chief executive James Sutherland said in a statement on Thursday he had been left with no choice but to put the tour on hold indefinitely.