Five fun things to do on the Tweed this weekend
Theatre Co presents Disney classic
- TWEED Theatre Company's production of Sleeping Beauty will be playing at the Tweed Civic Centre on Saturday and Sunday at 1.30pm. Adult tickets cost $18, children $7 and family tickets are $40 (2 adults & 2 children). Tickets will be available at the door or online at tweedtheatre.com.au. Bring the family along for a closer look at a timeless classic.
Prized pets on parade at Pottsville
- CABARITA Beach Pottsville Beach Lions Club is organising the first Tweed Coast Pet Show on Saturday from 8am to 4pm at the Pottsville Oval, Tweed Coast Rd, Pottsville Beach. The cat and dog show will raise funds for Lions Hearing Dogs Australia, support local businesses and the general community of pet owners.
Community voices come together
- FOUR Choirs Festival in Murwillumbah will show attendees the magic of a massed Choir, featuring Musica Antiqua Collegii with conductor Spencer Faulkner, Murwillumbah Philharmonic Choir with conductor Heather Martin, Hastings Point Community Choir with conductor Joan Wright and Chillingham Voices with conductor Harlie Axford. This event will be held at All Saints Anglican Church, Byangum Rd Murwillumbah on Sunday from 2.30pm. Tickets $15/$10 available at Anderson's Treasure Store or at the door.
Border art gets a boost
- THE Border Art Prize starts today and runs until October 27. This annual prize celebrates artists in southeast Queensland and northeast NSW and exhibits can be viewed at The Arts Centre, Gold Coast, located at 135 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise. Visit theartscentregc.com.au for more information.
The circus rolls into town
- ASHTON Circus will be at Jack Evans Boat Harbour on Saturday at 4pm and Sunday at 11am. With 160 years of experience, the oldest English speaking circus in the world is well placed to provide both traditional and modern performances and attractions. Tickets cost $30 for adults, $20 for children, $24 for pensioners or $80 for a family of four and can be picked up at the on-site box office.