Men accused of disposing of Pullen's body have been granted bail

UPDATE:

MAGISTRATE Damien Dwyer has granted bail to two men accused of disposing of the body of Timothy Pullen.

Stephen Dale Renwick, 37, and Luke Shayne Kister, 22, will be released today and must abide by set conditions.

Mr Dwyer also placed a $25,000 surety on each of the co-accused.

Both men have been charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder.

Zane Tray Loncoln was arrested on the Sunshine Coast last Friday and charged with murdering Mr Pullen.

Both men will be released from the Mackay watchhouse today.

 

EARLIER:

POLICE have alleged that Stephen Dale Renwick and Luke Shayne Kister disposed of Timothy Pullen's body after he was murdered by Zane Tray Lincoln, a court heard.

As Renwick, 37, faced the Mackay Magistrates Court yesterday charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder, detectives arrested Luke Shayne Kister, 22, and took him into custody.

Magistrate Damien Dwyer stood down Renwick's matter until yesterday afternoon. Kister also appeared yesterday afternoon at a separate bail application hearing.

Luke Shayne Kister is driven into Mackay police station after being arrested for being an accessory after the fact in the murder of Timothy Pullen.
Luke Shayne Kister is driven into Mackay police station after being arrested for being an accessory after the fact in the murder of Timothy Pullen. Daily Mercury

The court heard that Lincoln allegedly murdered Mr Pullen on April 16, and both men were formally charged by Mr Dwyer that on that day "knowing that Zane Tray Lincoln had committed the said offence, assisted him to escape punishment".

Defence solicitor Bill Potts, for Kister, said his client planned to strongly dispute the charges. In addressing the prosecution's bail objections, Mr Potts said Kister was not accused of murder but of having "taken the body to a remote place and helped bury it".

The court heard Kister and Renwick were allegedly "responsible only for the disposal of Mr Pullen's corpse".

The prosecution believed there was a risk Renwick would interfere with witnesses if granted bail.

Antoinette Morton, of Morton Lawyers, for Renwick, said he would agree to a no contact order with any witness if granted bail.

Both Mr Potts and Ms Morton said their clients were agreeable to residential and reporting conditions.

However, Mr Dwyer said he would decide on bail this morning. Both men were remanded in custody overnight.

 

THIRD ARREST

THREE men have been arrested in less then a week as part of police investigations into the murder of Timothy John Pullen.

Mackay CIB officer-in-charge Detective Senior Sergeant Rodd Carroll confirmed yesterday the three men, Zane Tray Lincoln, 34, Stephen Dale Renwick, 37, and Luke Shayne Kister, 22, were known to each other and to Mr Pullen.

Kister was arrested about noon yesterday and charged with accessory after the fact to murder, less than 24 hours after Renwick was charged with the same offence. "It's a positive step for us as an investigative team to get these type of results. It's good for the community and primarily it's good for the family," he said.

The arrests were the result of a 14-month investigation. Mr Pullen was last seen in Mackay in April last year. Det Snr Sgt Carroll said further investigations could lead to "more people being held accountable". "The investigation's never closed off until we're satisfied that we've got all people that are responsible," he said.

3.16pm

A THIRD man has been arrested as part of the investigation into the murder of Timothy Pullen.

A 22-year-old Mackay man was taken into custody at midday by detectives and is expected to front court this afternoon.

He has been charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder.



Hospital site protest to be broadcast on Facebook

Hospital site protest to be broadcast on Facebook

The protest will be held at 10am today.

What's on: Weekend gig guide

What's on: Weekend gig guide

Check out what's going in in the live music scene across the Tweed.

Community honours veterans throughout history

Community honours veterans throughout history

Tweed Daily News is celebrating its 130-year anniversary

Local Partners