Tweed community diary
- THE Tweed Hospital Auxiliary Mini Fête will be held in the hospital car park grounds on Saturday June 18 from 7.30am to 1pm. Books, craft, cakes, trash & treasure, plants, babywear, toys, jewellery, pre-loved goods, sausage sizzle. Clean and tidy donations can be dropped to Auxiliary Gift Shop in the hospital or ring 07 5506 7867. All proceeds go to buy equipment for hospital.
- BRIDGE lessons for beginners at the Tweed Bridge Club. Six Saturdays starting June 18 at 9am. Cost $50 includes a book, guide and morning tea. Contact the club on 07 5536 1570 if you are interested.
- TWEED Combined Country Hall Association announces the next Ball of the Tweed Series will be at Crystal Creek on June 18. Join us in the hall for an evening of old time dance and a variety of dance styles over various live music sets by Trilogy. The evening starts at 8pm and tickets are available at the door, adults $10, 13-17 years $5, 3-12 years $2, this includes supper, no alcohol. All welcome for a family evening of social dance. Crystal Creek Hall is on Numinbah Rd, west of the Primary School. This is a small hall with a lot of history. The Gresham family have been running the balls until last year when the new Hall Committee took over. We look forward to another great evening for the whole family. Tyalgum was postponed due to the weather, and a new date is pending.
- FULL moon walk Monday June 20. View the full moon on the Tweed River at Tumbulgum. Meet at 7pm at Tumbulgum boat ramp for a flat walk taking approx. 60 minutes following the Tumbulgum Heritage Trail. This event is part of the Heart Foundation Walking Program and everyone is welcome to attend. No cost. Bring your torch. Enquiries to Sue 02 6676 6343.
- TWEED Heads Historical Society wish to advise we will be closed from June 14 until further notice. Members please note that instead of our General Meeting on Tuesday, June 21 we will meet at the Seagulls Club for morning tea commencing 10am.
- PROBUS Club of Hastings Point Tweed Coast meets Tuesday, June 21 at 10am at the Tri Care Retirement Community 87/89 Tweed Coast Road, Hastings Point. At this meeting our speaker will be Rob Olver, an author and photographer. New members welcome. Enquires Julie 0418 966 256 or web http://hastingsptprobus.org.
- TWEED Valley Jazz Club 20th birthday celebrations Friday, June 24 from 6pm -10pm. Condong Bowls Club, McLeod St, Condong. Members $10, visitors $15. Bookings essential. Ph 02 6672 2238.
- U3A Twin Towns members and special guests will hold a light luncheon and concert at Tom Atkins Hall Tugun on June 24 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of their incorporation and founding. U3A Twin Towns developed through Gold Coast U3A and always welcome seniors from both sides of the state border, hence the name U3A Twin Towns evolved. As in past years, classes continue in subjects such as Literature, History, Book Clubs, Mahjong, Board Games, French, Italian, Spanish, Art, Calligraphy, Digital Photography and Card Making. Healthy living and Inner Health classes include Light Exercise, Aerobics, Tai Chi, Line Dancing, Latin Beat, Jazz, Yoga, Belly Dancing, Qi Gong and Laughing Yoga. Twin Towns Mantra have kindly donated first prize for our anniversary raffle, tickets are $5.00 each. Enquiries 07 5534 7333 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- TUMBULGUM Public and Catholic school former students and staff, together with past and present residents, are invited to the informal get together on Thursday, July 7 from 11am at Tumbulgum Tavern. For more information email Brian Tumbulgum.nsw.gettogether @hotmail.com.
- ST CUTHBERT’S Anglican Church Garage Sale, cnr Powell and Florence Sts, Tweed Heads, Saturday, July 9 from 7-11.30am. Featuring books, clothing, craft, white elephant, small furniture items, outdoor bits, and kitchenware. Phone 07 5536 1060.
- U3A Twin Towns are delighted to congratulate Gail Bonser, U3A Twin Towns Secretary, upon her election to U3A Network Committee. Gail’s election was announced by the U3A Queensland State President, Julie Porteous, who also announced the 2017 State Conference organisers will be U3A Twin Towns. New members are welcome at U3A Twin Towns, Enquiries 07 5534 7333 or email:u3atwintowns@gmail.
- GET your body moving at Rockin’ Jive dance classes 7pm Tuesdays at Coolangatta Uniting Church hall, Lanham St. Easy basic steps in jive, foxtrot, cha cha, salsa etc. Singles and couples welcome, all ages. Call Peter 0413 125 640.
- FEELING stressed, anxious or lost in the busyness of life? Relax, build self-confidence, find peace. Small Group guided mediation classes in home studio in Bilambil Heights Mondays and Tuesdays 7pm-8pm. All welcome. $15, bookings are essential. Phone Leonie McNamara on 0426 811 212.
- BANORA Point Baptist Community Centre, South Tweed Heads church service Sunday 9.30am. Desires Café, regular events. Monthly first Tuesday, Just for you and movie third Wednesday. Church contact 07 5523 1122 or Desires Café 0431 370 511.
- FIBROMYALGIA, chronic fatigue syndrome support group meets on the first Friday of every month at 10.30am at the HACC Community Centre, cnr Heffron St and Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads South. All welcome. Ph 07 5593 9319.
- SINGLE Social Nights 38+. Free events each month. Phone 0412 284 828.
- MURWILLUMBAH Community Centre: The Murwillumbah Community Pantry is open Wednesdays and Thursdays – 9am to 3pm at Nullum House, Knox Park, Murwillumbah. Maximum spend is $35 (cash only). Low-cost food for individuals and families finding it hard to make ends meet. Please bring own bags. Phone 02 6672 3003.
- BANORA Point Baptist Community Church Christian Bookshop is Open 8.30-2.30pm Monday to Friday. Bibles, books, dvd’s, cd’s, children literature, gifts, cards and second hand books available. Orders taken and layby accepted. Ph 5523 1122.
- TWEED Hospital Auxiliary winning raffle tickets drawn at the Tweed Hospital Auxiliary Fashion Parade on Friday, May 27 were: 1st prize: ticket no 89909, 2nd prize: ticket 89885, 3rd prize: ticket 89131. Congratulations to the winners and thanks for supporting the raffle and fashion parade.
If you have an event or meeting you would like us to publicise, please send in your details and a photo if possible to email@example.com