Woman burns down house trying to kill bed bugs

Three people have been injured and 10 have been left homeless after a US woman accidentally set fire to a multi-family home while trying to kill bed bugs.

The woman was reportedly attempting to kill the bugs using rubbing alcohol while she was near a flame, which then started the fire around midnight on Friday in Cincinnati, police said.

The fire heavily damaged the five-unit building and sent three people to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The Red Cross are helping to find housing for three teenagers and seven adults who have been left homeless.

"My House caught fire n got burned down - all my stuff is gone maaaaaan," former resident Kamaron Lyshe wrote on Facebook, alongside a video of the burning building.

 

 

 

 



Airport's stray items are no lost cause

Airport's stray items are no lost cause

Tweed charity relocates lost property to those in need

Kingswood won't stop moving

Kingswood won't stop moving

Aussie rockers roll into the Northern Rivers this weekend

Winter cold snap to sweep across NSW

Winter cold snap to sweep across NSW

This may not be the last we’ve seen of the cold this year.

Local Partners