The woman was showering in a her home during a thunderstorm when she was hit by an electrical shock.
The woman was showering in a her home during a thunderstorm when she was hit by an electrical shock.

Woman struck by lightning in shower

A woman has been struck by lightning as she showered in a Gold Coast home during an electrical storm.

The woman was washing herself shortly after midday when she received an electrical shock.

"We attended a private residence at 12.02pm for a female who felt a minor shock while in the shower during a storm," a Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman said.

"She had no injuries and was transported to Robina Hospital in a stable condition as a precaution."

It is generally recommended that you stay out of the shower and away from other plumbing - including washing dishes - during thunderstorms, due to the risk of lightning strike.

Experts also advise people stay off corded phones (mobile phones are OK) and refrain from using computers or other electronic equipment in electrical storms.



Best of Tweed: Nominate the Best Bakery now

Best of Tweed: Nominate the Best Bakery now

Which is the best bakery in Tweed? Nominations are now open to find the region's...

Revealed: Top 10 and best of rest at All Ages swim titles

Premium Content Revealed: Top 10 and best of rest at All Ages swim titles

We name top 10 performers from the All Age Swimming Championships

Alert: Shark spotted at popular beach two days in a row

Premium Content Alert: Shark spotted at popular beach two days in a row

An unknown species has been seen at the beach around the same time both mornings.