Wrist injury hits Nadal hard again
RAFAEL Nadal has dropped another bombshell, with the former world No.1 to miss Wimbledon due to an injury to his left wrist.
The Spaniard and 14-time Grand Slam winner had to withdraw from the French Open last month after winning his second-round match.
“It’s a sad decision but the injury on my wrist at Roland Garros needs time to heal,” he said.
The 30-year-old needed an injection before his straight-sets win over Facundo Bagnis in Paris.
Nadal said he risked a likely break in his wrist if he continued to play.
The current world No.4 had already pulled out of next week’s Wimbledon grass court warm-up at Queen’s Club.
Nadal’s wrist problem is the latest in a long list of injuries.
He has also had knees, back and shoulder setbacks in the past.
Wimbledon is from June 27 to July 10.