Eighty-three per cent said watching the Blues makes them feel proud - even if they lose again.
Eighty-three per cent said watching the Blues makes them feel proud - even if they lose again. Matt King | Getty Images

Yep, we're a loyal bunch of Blues supporters

WITH the State of Origin decider taking place tomorrow, we thought we'd test your Blue loyalty yesterday with a somewhat biased State of Origin quiz.

At the time of writing this story, of the 300-plus votes, 74% said the Maroons are overrated, banana/rule benders who are happy to claim great footballers south of the border.

>> See the State of Origin quiz here

A further 74% also, very insightfully, voted the Blues as a generous lot of smart fellows who only fight when need and are not grubby.

Eighty-three percent said watching the Blues makes them feel proud - even if they lose again.

Advice to Nate Myles from 72% of the voters: take a chill pill and an aspirin and Paul Gallen's advice.

According to 55% of respondents, Maroon supporters in Sydney will not drown out or passionate Blatchy's Blues.

Will New South Wales end Queensland's seven-year dominance? The answer: Oath yeah. They'll do it for Paul Gallen (83%).

Tommy Raudonikis and Paul Gallen should both…be immortalised in bronze statues outside ANZ Stadium, said 76% of voters.

Queenslanders are jealous of New South Wales because its players have plenty of heart and courage, according to 85% of those who participated in the poll. The remaining 15% said it is because our players get away with testing the rules.

Sydney is the envy of international tourists the world over (69%) as opposed to a city that runs second to Brisbane when it comes to Origin fever (30%).

And finally, 73% of voters said if the Blues lose, New South Welshmen have heaps of other cool things to do in our great state.



Bowls results

Bowls results

Check out all the latest action from across the greens in the Tweed.

Sweet potatoes here to stay as police hunt for vandals

Sweet potatoes here to stay as police hunt for vandals

Cars reportedly damaged by sweet potatoes being thrown at them.

Gimme shelter: Top musos come together for Tweed homeless

Gimme shelter: Top musos come together for Tweed homeless

Moo Oz Fest aims to raise big bucks for homelessness services.

Local Partners