Now we know how you win YouTube: dress your dog up as a spider and have it run around a town at night frightening locals. A Polish prankster's video - 'Mutant Giant Spider Dog' - came the top of YouTube's top trending videos list, announced as part of its review of 2014.
It beat competition from a video from Nike, featuring Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr and Wayen Rooney, and the First Kiss video that saw complete strangers smooch each other.
YouTube compiled the list based on "views, shares, comments, likes and more", and aimed to represent "the amazing variety of creativity" on the site.
The list also features videos that gave rise to some of the biggest news stories of the year.
YouTube's full 'top trending videos' list
1. Mutant Giant Spider Dog (SA Wardega) by SA Wardega
2. Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more by Nike Football
3. FIRST KISS by Tatia PIlieva
4. The Voice IT | Serie 2 | Blind 2 | Suor Cristina Scuccia - #TEAMJ-AX by TheVoiceOf Italy
5. iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test by Unbox Therapy
6. Bars & Melody - Simon Cowell's Golden Buzzer act | Britain's Got Talent 2014 by Britain's Got Talent
7. Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial -- "Puppy Love" by Budweiser
8. Devil Baby Attack by DevilsDueNYC
9. Goku vs Superman. Epic Rap Battles of History Season 3. by ERB
10. 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman by Street HarassmentVideo
The iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test came off the back of reports that the iPhone 6 Plus had been made too big and too thin, and bent under force. (It did bend.)
And the video that showed the abuse and leering that a woman was subjected to after walking through New York for ten hours prompted new discussion on the treatment of women as well as hundreds of parodies.
The full list featured two pranks (a giant spider and a devil baby), two entrants into music competitions (from The Voice and Britain's Got Talent) and two adverts (for Nike Football and Budweiser).